Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Baking

     Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Easter. This is my first Easter since I have taken junk food out of my diet.... so needless to say I definitely had to be creative when coming up with some treats! I found a few recipes on other blogs, and created one myself, and played with them a bit so they suited my dietary needs. Here are three sweet recipes that are perfect for anytime of the year. :)

Chocolate Cupcakes

     I have to say that this recipe could still use some playing around with.... but the icing is on point! The cupcake is really sticky and is hard to get off the cupcake cup. So, I suppose the alternative would be to just cook them in a pan without the cup, possibly in coconut oil. The icing recipe I used is from Elena's Pantry. First I tried to create one using vegan butter, that is not happening again. Ever again. So here it is!









Chocolate Cupcake

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
  • 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar (use here what you wish, I used cup-for-cup stevia, and used 1/2 cup)
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 3 tbsp oil (I used coconut oil)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Steps:

  • Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin.
  • Combine dry ingredients, then add wet and mix well.
  • Add in cupcake cups and bake for about 20 minutes.
  • This makes around 20, depending on size.


Coconut Cream Icing

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup whole fat coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup agave nectar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • pinch sea salt
  • 5 tsp arrowroot powder
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 1/4 cup coconut oil
Steps:

  • In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, agave, honey, and salt for 10 minutes.
  • In a bowl, combine arrowroot and water to form a paste.
  • Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan.
  • Mix with hand blender, and bring to a bowl, briefly.
  • Remove pot from heat and add in coconut oil.
  • Place mixture in freezer for 35 minutes, or until it has formed a solid white substance.
  • Remove from freezer and blend again.
  • Spread over cupcakes.


Raw Vegan Coconut Balls

     I love these! These are from Organic Olivia, who pretty much makes my all time favorite recipes. Please check out her blog for the recipe, here!






Avocado and Lime Tarts

     I also found this recipe online! They are so good! The only difference is that I made them in muffin tins, so they are smaller than the originals. For the filling I also used 1 and a half of the recipe so I had more, but stuck to the regular base. Please check out the recipe, here! 









I hope that you guys will try these out! Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment