Ingredients for Crust
- 3 green plantains, chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place chopped plantains and garlic into food processor.
- Add water and olive oil and blend again until smooth.
- Add salt, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar and blend again.
- Scoop pureed mixture onto parchment paper.
- Bake just the crust for 20-25 minutes.
- Place toppings of choice (I had: organic tomato sauce, portobello mushroom, onion, tomato, turkey bacon).
- Place back in oven for about 10 minutes til golden brown or until it is cooked to your liking.
Serves 4 (Nutritional Value for Crust only)
Fat: 18.3 g
Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
Carbohydrate: 43.2 g
Protein: 1.6 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sodium: 719.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg