- 1 tsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds learn ground turkey meat
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I omit this because spice makes my stomach ill)
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans (or soak your own, which is a better option)
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne, and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in kidney beans and tomato sauce; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 117 g
Sodium: 794 mg
Carbohydrate: 33 g
Fiber: 11 g
Sugar: 10 g
Protein: 43 g
This recipe is adapted from Body Beast. Enjoy!